TheEnlightendClan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheEnlightendClan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camping: The Discussion

Go down 
+4
[E]Hunter
Vaan
~[É]Réapèr~
~[E]Próphèt~
8 posters

Camping
is only done by Utter Noobs
Camping: The Discussion Vote_lcap25%Camping: The Discussion Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
is a true 1337 Art Form
Camping: The Discussion Vote_lcap75%Camping: The Discussion Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
~[E]Próphèt~
~The AltFire Prophet~
~[E]Próphèt~

Camping: The Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Ok in this topic I would like to know your views on camping.

For those who don't know what camping is, here is small description + my opinion.

Camping as I see it

Camping is often seen as a noob strategy. It includes lots of various possibilities. The most common one is just hide in dark places and sniper rifle every one down. But what most campers fail to see is that a good camper never is predictable. Noob campers will often look for a dark place (eg hangar roof on A51 or the wall behind the big office building on CMD) and stay there all the time, even when they get killed numerous times. That way after two times you can predict where he is going to be and simply shoot hem down, every single time.

A True 1337 Camper however is constantly on the move, never stops looking for new spots to camp from. That way your enemy will have a much harder time finding you.

Some ppl alse fail to see that a camper is nothing without at least decent sniper skills. So don't call a camper a noob too easely, he might own you on snipering...

Another possible tactic is the so called 'Low-Tech Camping'. This is a new style of camping I've developed in AltFire. The basics aren't very hard but making a succesfull attack often requires a great deal of timing and movement skills. This style is all about laying 'ambushes'. The whole idea behind it is raining down on your enemies from the above, then killing them with a DTS swing (basic) or Prod charge (master) to the head (tbh the prod charge has only succeeded two or three times, but I'm still perfecting the techniques).

As you can see, I think of camping as a True ArtForm. Many try to camp but only little realy excell in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theenlightendclan.forumotion.com
~[É]Réapèr~
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
~[É]Réapèr~

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Well it derpends dosen't it In the real world people in the army come across snipers all the time.
To be honest i like to face a camper or two, it makes you come up with a plan in how to get round them, I don't think it classed as cheating as many people say it is, cos like I said It happens i real life, it can be a pain but it's just another obstacle to get round. When i camp somewere I take out 2 people at the most then move cos you know for a fact the person or people you just took out have seen were you are before they respawn and they are going to want to get you back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theenlightendclan.co.cc
Vaan
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
Vaan

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 am

camping is a great tactic aslong as its done right. the only problem i have with it is the people that camp facing the spawn rooms wich can make it nearly impossible to leave.
Back to top Go down
[E]Hunter
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
[E]Hunter

Location : Altfire Feal Hunting Prophet's And Another Pro Preys (lol)

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Camp is a way to snipe

1.Like Porphet sayed we need to be moving all the time.... and it will be more hard to find has well.

2.Noobs stay on the same place waiting for another chance to kill the enemy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theenlightendclan.co.cc/
~[Et]~Skilgannon
Inquisitor Of AltFire
Inquisitor Of AltFire
~[Et]~Skilgannon

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 pm

I think camping ~[E]~ style is fine, but camping in shadows, staying there and just killing everyone as they spawn, is just despicable and should a banning offence. Evil or Very Mad Off topic, but cheating as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Druss60
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:26 am

this ppl need experience Smile
Back to top Go down
~[É]Réapèr~
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
~[É]Réapèr~

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

There should have been a 3rd choice of "it depends" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theenlightendclan.co.cc
[RTK]venom
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
[RTK]venom

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 am

i only camp when i play a guy stronger than me
Back to top Go down
~[Et]~Skilgannon
Inquisitor Of AltFire
Inquisitor Of AltFire
~[Et]~Skilgannon

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm starting to find good camp spots against noobs and such, but the more experienced players tend to home in on me fairly quick. It's a good tactic as long as it's not over used, I still prefer a rushing, head-on, toe-to-toe, collision of a fight. Down and dirty. Up close and prsonal. But I digress. Yes camping [E] style is ok as long as it's not done to death.
Back to top Go down
~[E]Próphèt~
~The AltFire Prophet~
~[E]Próphèt~

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:07 pm

i like camping, and hearing the remarks like 'WTF' and 'HOW?' when I kill them Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.theenlightendclan.forumotion.com
[RTK]venom
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
[RTK]venom

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
~[Et]~Skilgannon
Inquisitor Of AltFire
Inquisitor Of AltFire
~[Et]~Skilgannon

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm

ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
[RTK]venom
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire
[RTK]venom

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:41 pm

loooool <------------spam loooolz
Back to top Go down
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 pm

It amazes me that ppl insult for tactics or choice of weapon.

Watch real tv of armies...

they camp.
they throw bombs before they enter enemy buildings
they leave traps
they hide
they lie about their position, confuse, create chaos
they retreat and camp, retreat and camp, advance and camp, advance and camp...

so why should anyone raise an eyebrow in the game...

There is camping and mapbugging, know the difference.

1. If you abuse a 0-aug map on an altfire by climbing to impossible positions and camp and snipe ppl exiting spwnrooms, then you are a noob.
2. If you alias and only present your clan tag when you win, then you are a noob
If you always leave a game when your enemy is winning, you are a noob
3. If you hide/plant on doors of spwnrooms and exits of spwnrooms you are a noob

At the end of the day, there is no law against camping, but you will make stale game and lose players, something dx doesnt need. Only certain situations it is worth camping.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 am

Shadow : Noobs Rules Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping: The Discussion   Camping: The Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camping: The Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheEnlightendClan :: Deus Ex Machina :: Deus Ex Discussion-
Jump to: